Copyright 2011: Vera Juris. San Diego, CA. All Rights Reserved.
Vera Juris offers comprehensive medical-legal services for medical malpractice, personal injury and product liability attorneys. Our legal nurse consultants are experienced medical professionals who know which documents to collect, how to interpret and summarize them and note the critical issues within the case. By using Vera Juris’ services, you can feel confident that we will develop an informed understanding of the quality of health care delivery and the resulting outcomes.
Our consulting work is superior quality. We deploy a systematic approach to medical case assessment by which our staff works together through a peer review process. Each report is reviewed by multiple medical legal consultants to ensure that all documents and recommendations are clear, thorough and objective.
We regularly customize consulting packages depending on the specific case or project needs and the phase of litigation. Here is a list of the services we offer:
- Educate attorneys regarding medical facts and issues relating to a case or claim
- Review medical records, evidence and applicable literature to determine the merit of a case
- Define applicable Standards of Care
- Evaluate cases for deviations from and adherences to applicable Standards of Care
- Assess alleged causation, contributing factors and damages
- Review, organize and summarize medical records
- Identify missing medical records
- Screen for record tampering
- Research the medical literature and apply this information to the case analysis
- Prepare chronologies of medical events and correlate them with the allegation
- Interview witnesses, experts and involved parties
- Identify, retain and interface with appropriate expert witnesses
- Serve as a liaison between attorneys, health care providers, testifying experts, witnesses, clients and other involved parties
- Aid in preparing demonstrative evidence and exhibits for depositions and trial
- Provide support in medical depositions including the preparation of questions and the review of testimony
- Coordinate and attend Independent Medical Examinations
Medical-Legal Consultants | Life Care Planners | Legal Nurse Consultants